Where the people are nicer...
Pssst, hey you! Yeah, you with the face! You better log in or register before Shizuo decides to throw a vending machine at YOU for a change!
Pssst, hey you! Yeah, you with the face! You better log in or register before Shizuo decides to throw a vending machine at YOU for a change!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Durarara!! Roleplay Forum. This is a place where mature, literate roleplayers can gather and have fun~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» House Hunting [OPEN]
House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:16 pm by ViolentLlama

» Ask Masaomi Kida!
House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:41 pm by ViolentLlama

» Psychics...ugh!
House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:35 pm by ViolentLlama

» Dani's OCs
House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:21 pm by Seliphra

» Bodyguard [Psyche, V-138 & Tsugaru]
House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:11 pm by Nishikigoi

» Gathering Pride [Masaomi, Izaya]
House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:20 pm by Lyss

» Ts-Tsukishima h-here!
House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:10 pm by Seliphra

» Home Invaders [Izaya, Mairu & Kururi]
House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:18 pm by ViolentLlama

» A new meeting [Tsukishima and Roppi]
House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:20 am by Juu

Poll
Would You Rather...?
Always get away with lying?
House Hunting [OPEN] I_vote_lcap33%House Hunting [OPEN] I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Always know when others are lying?
House Hunting [OPEN] I_vote_lcap67%House Hunting [OPEN] I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

House Hunting [OPEN]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DaniCojo

DaniCojo

House Hunting [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:49 am

Xylander was used to being sent to other wordly places for his assignments. The Faerie Courts, a Manticore's den, and an Elven city were only a handful of the places he has been. Mythical creatures were the norm for the elementalist.

Japan was not a place he would imagine being sent. He didn't know the language at all except for the few words he caught on from internet culture, he couldn't read the kanji - he had enough trouble with reading English to begin with, and he certainly didn't blend in well.

His job was all about blending, and his bright eyes and hair, scarred complexion, and tall height did not suit the Japanese culture at all. Even if he was in Ikebukuro, he felt out of place. However, he didn't turn down the job he was given. It was a long term assignment - his first one ever. He was used to quick solo mssions or partner missions. Still, this was going to be a high paying assignment if he could complete his goal.

Which was extremely vague to begin with. He was only in Ikebukuro to find evidence of a possible strong Mythos that resided here. He had no clues to guide him except the concept that it may be a demon of some sort. He didn't expect it to be a simple mission.

So Xylander decided finding a place to stay for his time here to be his first step. Normally those are provided for residents at the Academy where he worked. He struggled to read through his Japanese to English dictionary to find his way through the bustling city streets. His dyslexia made it extremely difficult for him to understand what certain words were saying, especially since the language is so extensive and complicated. With a sigh, he stood on the street corner, looking up at the buildings around him.

Back to top Go down
http://www.danicojo.tumblr.com
ViolentLlama

ViolentLlama

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Tsukihiro sighed, the moon pulled him up high while he was on his way home from school. He always walked home since the trains were too crowded for his liking, and it was a four stop train ride. He shivered just thinking about all the people.

The busy streets were one thing, but at least he was up high so they couldn't surround him. He was hiding away ontop of a sign that looked onto the street and he watched the people from above. Amid the black hair Tsukihiro spotted a very different color and blinked, 'Lost?'

His curiosity won over beingup high and without thinking he just called out to this stranger with bright hair and eyes. Tsukihiro was too curious to realize this person might not understand Japanese.

"Hey! You down there!"
Back to top Go down
DaniCojo

DaniCojo

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 1:58 pm

The man's words didn't even register to Xylander. All he could hear was a jumbled mess of Japanese that he wasn't fluent in. If he were in a place like...Greece for example, he'd have a bit of a better time. He had tried to learn Greek when he was in highschool because he didn't like the options of Spanish, French, or German. Although he failed to actually learn the Greek language, he would fare better there than in Japan.

He continued to walk aimlessly down the street, trying to form a sentence to ask someone for help. However, by the time he managed to formulate a proper thought, the stranger would have already left. He was growing frustrated and annoyed with himself. He couldn't help but blame Dark Master for sending him here.

Back to top Go down
ViolentLlama

ViolentLlama

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Tsukihiro frowned, but then smacked his head, DUH! He's obviously not Japanese so he mustn't know the language. The very diluted demon thought and then spoke, in English, this time calling out to the stranger again.

"Hey! What are you?!" He meant 'Who' but his grasp wasn't completely solid yet on the language.
Back to top Go down
DaniCojo

DaniCojo

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:00 pm

He jumped at the sound of the only language he could understand. He whipped around, trying to find the source of the voice. With his feline ears pulled back to hide in his hair, his hearing was somewhat muffled so he found it difficult to trace the person speaking.

However, the question itself worried him. What are you? Normal humans wouldn't ask that question. But would people who were not fluent in English make that mistake? Maybe he was over reacting to an innocent question.

Back to top Go down
ViolentLlama

ViolentLlama

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:33 pm

"Yes you... I be up." Horrible grammar, well it made sense in Tsukihiro's head but he couldn't get it out right in that language.

Being slightly not human too, Tsukihiro should be aware that this funny-looking person isn't either but his senses were never trained that way so he hasn't a clue about demons or himself. A true shame, because he'd be a force to reckon with if he had that training and knowledge.

Tsukihiro's neutral gray eyes looked down expectantly, hoping he'd be seen this time.
Back to top Go down
DaniCojo

DaniCojo

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 6:42 pm

Xylander looked up, catching sight of the person staring directly at him. Ahh, so that was the person calling him. He grinned a bit and chuckled; so he wasn't the only person in this city who has trouble speaking different languages. It made him feel a bit more secure.

"I'm not exactly sure how to get up there," He called back as he tried to find a way to get to the rooftops where the stranger was standing. If there were no humans around - and if he was certain this person was also not a human - he could just created a disc of energy to ride up. However, he'd have to stick to taking the stairs...that is, if he could find some.

Back to top Go down
ViolentLlama

ViolentLlama

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:01 pm

"Gomen... S-Sorry," Tsukihiro corrected himself and then jumped across the alley to the other building's fire escape and climbed down to the pavement.

"Please slowly speak. I'm learning English," It was apparent too with the thick accent Tsukihiro spoke with.

They were about even height, and Tsukihiro was wearing his Raira uniform with his hair free and half in front of his shoulders and the rest cascading down his back.
Back to top Go down
DaniCojo

DaniCojo

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:22 pm

He snickered a little at his response. That was the only word he could honestly understand in Japanese. He watched as nimbly leaped across the rooftops and he crawled down towards him. Tsukihiro's appearance wasn't too astonishing to Xylander. He had seen much stranger things in his years working for the Academy. He smiled as warmly as he could without seeming too forced. He was hard to trust people quickly.

"I'll do my best," he said with a laugh. "and you're doing fine by the way. Even if it's not perfect, i can understand you."

Back to top Go down
ViolentLlama

ViolentLlama

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:30 pm

"That's relaxing..." Tsukihiro paused that didn't sound right to him, but he shrugged and carried on. "You looked lost, I wish help you."

There's no full moon appraoching soon otherwise he'd be very cautious of who he looks at. He felt too tall for his uniform though compare to the other students but that was a gift from his great-great-great-great-great grandfather that his body will remain the same age for the rest of his longer-than-a-human's life.

"So how can I help?"
Back to top Go down
DaniCojo

DaniCojo

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:40 pm

"We can start by finding a cheap place for me to crash while I'm here in, ah..Ikebukuro," he said timidly. He had a feeling he said it wrong, but didn't bother to try and correct himself.

"You can lead the way. I have no idea where I am," he added after another moment, pulling out a crumpled map of the city. It was all in Japanese and gave him no help. That was when he decided to try his dictionary to talk to the locals, but that ended in failure as well. Maybe this guy would be of some use.

Back to top Go down
ViolentLlama

ViolentLlama

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:51 pm

"I live with my...parents..." He thought about that word hoping it was right, but he knew they could find a rental magazine and he could help this guy find a cheap place.

"Follow me." He spoke but it was in a tone that sounded sarcastic but he didn't mean to. The closest convenient store was three blocks away.
Back to top Go down
DaniCojo

DaniCojo

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 8:22 pm

Xylander seemed to deflate just a bit at the comment.

He didn't understand what it was like to live with parents. He only lived with his father and brother, and his father wasn't exactly a very loving type. In fact, he did everything he could to make sure Xylander hated being alive. After all, his father did blame him for the death of his wife during birth.

Xylander blinked back the flashing thoughts and smiled. "It must be nice." He followed Tsukihiro quietly through the streets, looking around as the sights now that he could enjoy them without getting lost. Despite living in a city for part of his life, nothing in the United States could really compare.

"Nice city you've got here," he commented as he stayed beside Tsukihiro's side.

Back to top Go down
ViolentLlama

ViolentLlama

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Tsukihiro looked at him oddly when he thought that Tsukihiro's mother, Io, was a loving kind...

"My mother's a bit selfish, if you ask me." He sighed a bit at that, before actually introducing himself when they stopped at a red light. "My name is Tsukihiro."
Back to top Go down
DaniCojo

DaniCojo

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 8:33 pm

"Selfish is better than non existent," he thought to himself bitterly; but he didn't say it aloud.

"I'm Xylander," he said in return. He wondered briefly how ridiculous his name would sound to someone here. He should have given himself an alias in case something were to go wrong. He mentally beat himself up for a moment for making a mistake. But this was kid he was dealing with. It shouldn't be too dangerous.

Back to top Go down
ViolentLlama

ViolentLlama

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 9:23 pm

His name indeed earn a curious look from Tsukihiro before he tried to say it. He failed horribly.

"Xylankie. Is there something else I can call you?" He felt ashamed not to get it but it was to be expected too. English is not his first language, and even if it was he'd claim Xylander's name wasn't English at all!
Back to top Go down
DaniCojo

DaniCojo

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 3:07 pm

"Just Xy is fine. I don't really care what you call me." he said with a shrug. He knew his name was going to e difficult for most to remember. Why his mother had requested a Greek name, he wasn't sure. He remembered hearing something about her heritage, but never paid it much thought.

"So," he started after a moment, "How much does it cost to live in one of these apartments?" He had plenty of money on him to keep him surviving during his trip. Luckily he had been saving his money for this trip for several months, and his bank account was filled up nicely. However, he was a cheap bastard and didn't want to drop tons of cash just for living expenses.

Back to top Go down
ViolentLlama

ViolentLlama

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 8:36 pm

Tsukihiro liked the nickname better and pictured how it would be spelled in his language if he tried to write it out for other people to pronounce.

"Depends... Where you choose," Tsukihiro tried to keep his English sentances short and simple. "Cheapest I think is--!!?!?!!"

Just like that Tsukihiro dropped to the ground feeling as if gravity on his body was seven times the normal force. "Nnng! Why--what caused this?" His panic was ushered in Japanese as he began to pant trying to cope with the sensation. Was it because he jumped down so suddenly? He wasn't sure, but he needed to go someplace low, like a subway station since it was underground.
Back to top Go down
DaniCojo

DaniCojo

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Instinctively, Xylander jumped forward when Tsukihiro fell. Years of training has bred him to react without thought when a person was in trouble or in need. "Whoa bud, what's happening? Are you ok?" he tried to ask as calmly as he could. But he couldn't understand the Japanese at all; and the anxiety from the kid was only making Xylander more nervous.

"Whoa whoa, calm down. Um..umm..," he flipped through his dictionary very quick to try and say something to Tsukihiro. "Ahh, o...ooh...och...ch...ch...chit-su-su-ku! Oooh-chit-suku!" he said with some difficulty. He hoped he wasn't butchering the language terribly.

Back to top Go down
ViolentLlama

ViolentLlama

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:01 pm

Tsukihiro heard his voice but it was hard to think when his body felt like it was being weighed down. "My body acts like this daily... I need to get somewhere low, a subway station might work..." Forgetting Xylander understood none of that he also pointed to the closest entrance to a station. Closest, yet four more blocks away.

Tsukihiro groaned in pain as he felt his stomach turn and throb with pain.
Back to top Go down
DaniCojo

DaniCojo

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Xylander managed to remember one word from that and was able to find "low" in the dictionary. Low...low...he glanced up and looked at the signs to notice the symbol for a subway four blocks away. That must be what he meant.

"Yeah, ok, no problem." He bent down and picked him up. He was much heavier than Xylander expected - actually, he thinks it's safe to say he weighed more than Xylander himself. Luckily, he had decent upper body strength so he was able to pull him up and maneuver him to lie on his back. He hooked his arms behind him so Tsukihiro could sit more comfortably and quickly made his way toward the station.

Back to top Go down
ViolentLlama

ViolentLlama

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:48 pm

"D-Domo." Tsukihiro thanked him but he also felt bad making this stranger take care of him in a way. His mother wouldn't.

Four blocks never felt any longer and when they made it down the stairs Tsukihiro was obviously feeling better. His breathing became normal and his stomach stopped hurting too.
Back to top Go down
DaniCojo

DaniCojo

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:57 pm

Oh good, another word he recognized for the most part. Although he was certain even if he didn't know, he could easily assume what it meant.

He walked as quickly as he could, pushing past people who got in his way. He even crossed the street on a red light to get him there faster. He nearly got hit by a car, but he's much more nimble now than he was as a teenager.

Xylander hurried down the steps into the cool and dark subway station and walked over to a corner where there weren't many people standing. "How are you feeling?" He asked, looking over his shoulder at Tsukihiro. He didn't want to let him down until he was sure he could stand on his own.

Back to top Go down
ViolentLlama

ViolentLlama

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 11:05 pm

Tsukihiro nodded and mumbled, "Fine... Set down..."

He'd feel better the farther down he got so he wanted Xylander to put him down. He's never felt a pull like this before. Normally he feels them begin to grow, which allows him to find an appropriate place up high or down low.

This time, BAM, it just hit him and the severity of it scared him.
Back to top Go down
DaniCojo

DaniCojo

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 5:25 pm

Xylander set him down gently, letting him sit against the wall. He knelt down to keep close to him, not wanting to stray too far in case the kid felt ill again.

"Are you ok? Do you need to go to a hospital?" He asked, with concern. He had a soft spot for younger kids. Although Tsukihiro was a teenager, he still felt like he had to take care of him. After all, his own daughter would probably be the same age by now...

He felt his tail puff up around his waist and willed for it to settle down again. He couldn't think about his past too much without it bothering him. He had to focus on what was happening right now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House Hunting [OPEN]   House Hunting [OPEN] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

House Hunting [OPEN]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Where the people are nicer... :: Japan :: Ikebukuro-
Jump to: